Director of Operational Excellence
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Project Manager, Operations Excellence will be a critical leader participating in building a highly scalable, best-in-class organization as a key partner with the regional business leaders, General Manager and COO. The right person will help drive our COO’s vision to be a true employer of choice and build that from very basic, disparate systems.
The Project Manager must have superior organization and communication skills, be competitive and passionate, be scrappy and hardworking, and enjoy making a difference and creating something that has not been done before, in professions that literally built our country and are, ironically, overlooked by many (until now!)
Key Job Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for leading and managing the delivery of key Business-related projects/programs aligned with Business strategy
The project manager will implement key strategic regional initiatives with a particular focus on support for our Orlando operations. Primary responsibilities include developing and implementing growth and expansion initiatives for the Orlando market.
- Evaluate and partner with field operations on implementation and sharing of best-in-class processes and organization setup. Departments that you will be assisting; dispatch, permitting, market expansion, inventory & warehouse, and training.
- Analyze key business data and implement changes to operating procedures. Proactive management with key stakeholders of day-to-day operations.
- Leading moderate to large complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction to projects, peers, and direct reports.
- Designing, developing, and managing project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Ensuring projects are being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time.
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Partnering cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Work with the relevant business sponsors to define and shape projects, ensuring that they are aligned with both the Business and Domain strategies.
- Manage resources to ensure that solutions are developed and delivered in a manner designed to ensure maximum benefits to the business.
- Manage the program budgets, monitor expenditures and costs against this budget, and deliver to agreed costs.
- Track key metrics and milestones, identify problem areas, and coordinate corrective actions
- Set objectives and provide direction, advice, and motivation to assigned project delivery teams.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and potential suppliers.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project/program efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Key requirements are a track record of success; excellent communication ability; strong research and analytical skills; an ability to coordinate input from multiple stakeholders; and a willingness to complete both high-level and low-level tasks.
- We welcome applicants with varying levels of experience and from a broad range of professional and academic backgrounds. This is a full-time position with outstanding compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and a growth opportunity for a top performer.
Metrics: Track and competitively impact people and business numbers
- Drive improvements in revenue, productivity, labor cost, and efficiencies.
- Deliver the right products and services to our customers faster and at a lower cost. Drive change from within to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensures the development of strong cross-functional relationships within and across regions
- The Project manager is responsible for the overall quality of all projects, the use of formal project management methodologies and must ensure that all projects are carried out to Program Management standards.
- Constantly champion productivity improvements via employee involvement using Lean/Six Sigma techniques.
- Ensure schedules, time estimates, and detailed project plans are provided for all deliverables, including risk assessments and opportunities.
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators:
- On-time on-budget execution of projects
- Incremental revenue profit
- Productivity, labor, and cost-efficiency
- Employee and Customer Satisfaction
A successful candidate will have the following criteria & competencies:
- Ability to influence others without formal authority
- Engagement leader
- Project management
- Change management
- Business case management
- Financial acumen
- Design and implementation of communication and training plans
- Planning and control
- Time management
- Organization skills
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent communications skills
Education Background and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or comparable work experience
- Lean Six Sigma Training Preferred
- 5 years of prior high-level operations and project management experience preferred
- Home or professional service-related industry preferred
- Experience in managing diverse projects
- Workforce Management methodologies
- Highly motivated, comfortable working independently
- Intensely hands-on & scrappy, but able to see the strategic vision of quintupling our business and being the best in the industry
The position will be based in Orlando, Florida.
Director of Operational Excellence
Orlando, Florida US