Location: Tampa, Florida, United States
We are looking for an Accounting Senior within Partner Services. The Accounting Senior will be a critical team member and early employee, participating in building a highly scalable, best-in-class finance organization as a key partner with the Apex Group Accounting Team and the Regional Platform accounting teams.
The Accounting Senior will be a critical team member within the organization reporting directly to the Group Accounting Manager. He / she will have extensive involvement in establishing accounting controls and policies to support the Company as it grows. The Accounting Senior must have superior organization and communication skills, while maintaining strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be responsible for various daily accounting transactions related to Partner Services. This individual will participate heavily in the robust month-end close process for Partner Services, working closely with the Group Accounting Manager and Group Accounting Director to ensure financial reporting integrity. This role will also provide support to the broader accounting team by assisting with business combination accounting (specifically, determining fair value of assets acquired), audit assistance, system implementation testing and other special project work as needed at Partner Services relating to the onboarding and integration of new companies to the 7 regional platforms. The Accounting Senior will also be highly involved in the year-end audit process for Partner Services by providing support as requested. This opportunity offers high visibility in a rapidly growing company and the successful candidate must show great initiative including the ability to work with limited supervision.
The Accounting Senior is responsible for executing accounting and transactional functions, specifically at Partner Services and to provide support to the Regional Accounting Teams as deemed necessary. This position will report directly to the Group Accounting Manager.
**Role can be Senior Accountant OR Staff Accountant based on candidates experience level**
Working closely with the Group Accounting Manager and wider Accounting, Finance and Corporate Development team, the Accounting Senior will play a key role in ensuring accurate and auditable financial statements.
Job responsibilities include:
- Cross functionally train to assist the Accounting Analyst with posting cash activity weekly if needed– working with Group Accounting Manager as needed to ensure transactions are coded correctly
- Prepare and post monthly centralized entries relating to the 7 platforms as part of month end close.
- Master the use and roll-out of FloQast - ensure an accurate and timely month-end and year-end close process, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and account analysis
- Assist with providing external auditors all requested materials, in conjunction with Group Accounting Manager
- Provide assistance in areas of technical accounting as needed (mostly related to ASC 805 – Business Combinations accounting)
- Provide assistance to Accounting Special Projects Manager with implementing and integrating new acquisitions (system administration, legal entity and banking set up, etc.)
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and implement streamlined procedures where possible
- Execute the individual and team goals that support strategic and operational initiatives
- Contribute to team culture
- 1-3 years of prior accounting experience (pubic accounting preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- **Role can be Senior Accountant OR Staff Accountant based on candidates experience level**
- Ability to communicate accounting and financial information into common language
- CPA license a plus
- Experience with Sage Intacct and accounting ERP implementations a plus
- Extreme formatting, organization and priority setting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and teamwork
- Analytical – finds meaning and action in numbers, and is data-driven
- Excellent communicator – written and oral
- Stellar time management and organizational skills
- Resourceful – figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
- Thrives in a nimble, lean, unstructured, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Works collaboratively and energetically
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of others
- An undying commitment to personal growth and development
Location: Tampa, FL
Travel: potential periodic travel to Regional Platforms
Other Benefits: medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive PTO, sick days, holidays, and 401k matching
Apex Service Partners (the “Company”) has been founded through the acquisition of multiple leading commercial and home services businesses targeted at HVAC, plumbing and electrical services. In this fragmented industry dominated by small and founder-owned businesses, the Company strategy is to execute significant organic growth initiatives and high-frequency M&A. This highly decentralized roll-up strategy necessitates an A+ team.
Apex Service Partners was founded in 2019 with a mission to build a partnership of like-minded world-class service providers to build an industry leading national platform. Apex focuses on leveraging the power of people to build a strong network of industry leaders who can share resources, best practices, and expertise in order to deliver unparalleled service to customers and opportunities for employees. The Company is currently comprised of seven Regional Platforms.
The Company and its executive team are being backed by Alpine Investors (“Alpine”), a software- and services-focused private equity firm that specializes in majority or full buy-outs of founder-owned businesses and corporate carve-outs.
Alpine is a people-driven private equity firm with a mission to build enduring companies by working with, learning from and developing exceptional people. Alpine believes that inspiring growth and personal fulfillment in people is the best way to build enduring businesses.
Tampa, Florida US