Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Mission of the Role:
We are looking for an Regional Accounting Senior. The Accounting Senior will be a critical team member and early employee, participating in building a highly scalable, best-in-class finance organization as a key partner with the Regional Controller and the regional accounting team. He / she will help drive the ethos for how the financial and accounting operations and organization runs and interacts with the operating businesses.
The Accounting Senior must have superior organization and communication skills, while maintaining strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. This individual will support the regional accounting functions, such as implementation of Company and GAAP accounting policies, regional-level consolidations where applicable, accounting for M&A activity, accounts payable, payroll, inventory control, month end close process including balance sheet reconciliations. This position will also be highly involved in assisting with the year-end audit process for the Region. This opportunity offers high visibility in a rapidly growing company and the successful candidate must show great initiative and work with limited supervision.
This role will report directly to the Regional Controller of the Region and work closely as a key partner with the wider accounting team.
- Assist with development of various accounting policies (Capitalization, Inventory, Warranty Reserve, Deferred Maintenance, etc.)
- Coordinate with external auditors and operating businesses to ensure successful engagement and on-time delivery of audited financial statements and tax audits
- Prepare monthly consolidation schedules, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Implement robust monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Document and monitor internal controls in support of audit team
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts and bank statements
- Perform AP functions, certain payroll and HR functions, etc.
- Assist as needed with comprehensive annual budget planning
- Support executive team with key strategic initiatives, particularly M&A execution and onboarding
- Prepare presentations as necessary summarizing key findings of analyses and projects
- Lead a broad range of ad-hoc projects focused on improving reporting quality
- Provide accounting support to the organization and serve as key partner with local operating company accounting teams
- Assist with the integration of acquisitions into our accounting and financial systems
- Contribute to team culture and effort by accomplishing related results as needed
2+ years of prior accounting experience (public accounting preferred, not required but a plus)
Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting
CPA license a plus, or plan to obtain CPA, but not required
Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Experience with Sage Intacct and accounting ERP implementations not required but a plus
Extreme formatting, organization and priority setting skills
Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and teamwork
Interest in joining a well-capitalized entrepreneurial team
Positive attitude, team player
Highly motivated, comfortable working independently
High energy, ownership of work product and dedication to driving results
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Analytical – finds meaning and action in numbers, and is data-driven
Excellent communicator – written and oral
Stellar time management and organizational skills
Resourceful – figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
Thrives in a nimble, lean, unstructured, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Works collaboratively and energetically
Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of others
Ability to create and execute on processes for professionalizing family-owned businesses using best practices
An undying commitment to personal growth and development
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Travel: some periodic travel to regional locations may be necessary
Other Benefits: medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive PTO, sick days, and holidays, 401k matching
Apex Service Partners (the “Company”) has been founded through the acquisition of multiple leading commercial and home services businesses targeted at HVAC, plumbing and electrical services. Apex focuses on leveraging the power of people to build a strong network of industry leaders who can share resources, best practices, and expertise in order to deliver unparalleled service to customers and opportunities for employees. In this fragmented industry dominated by small and founder-owned businesses, the Company strategy is to execute significant organic growth initiatives and high-frequency M&A. This highly decentralized roll-up strategy necessitates an A+ team.
The Company is currently comprised of multiple Regional Platforms.
Job Category: Admin
Jacksonville, Florida US