Apex Service Partners (the “Company”) has been founded through the acquisition of multiple leading commercial and home services businesses targeted at HVAC, plumbing and electrical services. In this fragmented industry dominated by small and founder-owned businesses, the Company strategy is to execute significant organic growth initiatives and high-frequency M&A. This highly decentralized roll-up strategy necessitates an A+ team.
Apex Service Partners was founded in 2019 with a mission to build a partnership of like-minded world-class service providers to build an industry leading national platform. Apex focuses on leveraging the power of people to build a strong network of industry leaders who can share resources, best practices, and expertise in order to deliver unparalleled service to customers and opportunities for employees. The Company is currently comprised of two Regional Platforms.
The Company and its executive team are being backed by Alpine Investors (“Alpine”), a software- and services-focused private equity firm that specializes in majority or full buy-outs of founder-owned businesses and corporate carve-outs.
Alpine is a people-driven private equity firm with a mission to build enduring companies by working with, learning from and developing exceptional people. Alpine believes that inspiring growth and personal fulfillment in people is the best way to build enduring businesses.
Mission of the Role:
We are looking for a Regional Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will be a critical team member and early employee, participating in building a highly scalable, best-in-class finance organization as a key partner with the West Regional Controller. He / she will help drive the ethos for how the financial and accounting operations and organization runs and interacts with the operating businesses.
The Accounting Manager must have superior organization and communication skills, while maintaining strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. This individual will help manage the Regional Platform accounting functions, such as implementation of Apex and GAAP accounting policies, Platform-level consolidations where applicable, accounting for M&A activity, accounts payable, payroll, month end close. This position will also be highly involved in leading the year-end audit process for the Regional Platform. This opportunity offers high visibility in a rapidly growing company and the successful candidate must show great initiative and work with limited supervision.
This role will report directly to the West Regional Controller and work closely as a key partner with the wider accounting team at the Regional Platform.
- Provide accounting management and oversight to the Regional Platform and serves as key partner with Regional accounting teams
- Works with other members of the Regional and Apex accounting teams to ensure financial reporting is automated, 98% accurate, and audit ready
- Helps ensures cash is managed appropriately with the proper internal controls
- Implement robust monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts and bank statements
- Coordinate with the Apex Accounting Team and external auditors to ensure successful engagement and on-time delivery of audited financial statements and tax audits
- Oversee monthly consolidation schedules, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Document and monitor internal controls in support of audit team
- Assist as needed with comprehensive annual budget planning
- Support team with key strategic initiatives
- Prepare presentations as necessary summarizing key findings of analyses and projects
- Lead a broad range of ad-hoc projects focused on improving reporting quality
- Assist with the integration of acquisitions into our accounting and financial systems
- Contribute to team culture and effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 3+ years of prior accounting experience (pubic accounting preferred)
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting
- CPA license preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, master’s degree a plus
- Experience with Sage Intacct and accounting ERP implementations a plus
- Experience preparing financial statements, robust disclosures, etc.
- Strong ability to communicate accounting and financial information into common language
- Extreme formatting, organization and priority setting skills
- Strong accounting experience and demonstrated ability to lead / drive processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and teamwork
- Interest in joining a well-capitalized entrepreneurial team
- Positive attitude, team player
- Highly motivated, comfortable working independently
- High energy, ownership of work product and dedication to driving results
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Analytical – finds meaning and action in numbers, and is data-driven
- Excellent communicator – written and oral
- Stellar time management and organizational skills
- Resourceful – figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
- Thrives in a nimble, lean, unstructured, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Works collaboratively and energetically
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of others
- Ability to create and execute on processes for professionalizing family-owned businesses using best practices
- An undying commitment to personal growth and development
Location: Salt Lake City , Utah
Other Benefits: medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive PTO, sick days, and holidays, 401k matching
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, Utah US