Location: Tampa, Florida, United States
Apex Service Partners is actively seeking several high character General Managers to lead all aspects of $10MM+ revenue businesses we are acquiring through active M&A (locations to be disclosed since due diligence is in process. Target geographies are Midwest, Southeast, Atlantic and a Mountain/Pacific regions). The General Manager will oversee all aspects of a location’s operations; the individual will drive growth, performance metrics, create culture and develop all staff and management, constantly striving to be a world-class operator. In addition to full P&L ownership, the General Manager will capture a major MSA through organic growth and potentially lead additional M&A activity.
This is a unique entrepreneurship opportunity to take the “ path less travelled.” Your ability to drive growth within the business, navigate a successful acquisition, and build a culture of customer excellence and employee satisfaction will lead to a long-term career with significant opportunities with strong income for you and your team. We seek incredibly capable people because these individuals can have an expedited path to lead significant organic growth expansion initiatives and possibly even be involved with additional M&A activity to rapidly expand.
Experience in the trades is not necessary; General Managers receive an intensive program with one of our most successful service businesses before they assume the senior leadership role.
Apex Service Partners (the“HoldingCompany” or“Apex”) has been founded through the acquisition of multiple leading home services businessesprovidingHVAC, plumbing and electrical services.Thisvery fragmentedindustry is dominated by small and founder-owned businesses; these entrepreneurs in many cases have spent decades building companies that are respected essential services in their communities. Our strategy is to execute significant organic growth initiatives and high-frequency M&A.
Thisdecentralized roll-up strategynecessitatesvisionary, people-focused, financially savvybusiness leaderswho will aggressively growtheir businesses both organically and inorganically through add-on acquisitions. The opportunity to bring best in class business practices issignificant.
Following training, the General Managerwill oversee all aspects of a location’s day-to day operations; the individual will drive growth, performancemetrics, create culture and develop all staff and management, constantly striving to be a world-class operator and helping others to do the same.
This leadership roleissuited for a strong competitor who excels in a fast-paced environment, driven by seizing opportunities in an industry that many overlook; our leaders are career contrarians with strong character and vision. The ideal candidate will be able to consider strategic, financial, and operational capabilities with a high level of emotional intelligence to helpcreate a healthy, growing organization.
- Increasekey metrics including revenue, sales conversion percentage, average invoice, employee retention, customer satisfaction and maintenance subscription plans
- Deliver “gold standard” of service and quality through training, accountability, and metrics
- Develop culture, systems, and measure to teach and train industry leading staff, increasing eNPS and retention at all levels
- Builda culture of purpose among the management team
- Makinga differencefor our people and the communitiesin which we do business, literally helping impact and expand the middle class through expansion of the business and employment opportunities.
- Masters or equivalent
- 3+ years Management/Supervisory required, P&L experience strongly preferred
- Experience with, or deep respect for the Skilled Trades and/or similar industries
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking, risk analysis and develop solutions
- A leader of character
- A leader who inspires “followership” amongst the men and women the serve (manage)
- General Managers (Executive Level) can expect to make a very competitive six figure base and annual bonus, with extremely strong upside given performance and our expansion.
- There is a complete range of benefits including medical, dental, life and 401k matching.
(Things Not Normally in a Job Overview…but that Make a Difference to Ideal Candidates)
At Apex, ourvaluesdefine how we act…and truly believe them.
- Embrace a Growth Mindset.As a business and as individuals, we constantly, learn, stretch, challenge, and grow. We have limitless potential as people - and as an organization.
- Stay Scrappy, Have Fun.“You are not your job title.” We are hands-on people in a hands-on industry. We do what we need to, and have the work hard, have fun mentality.
- Improve through Collaboration.Whether working across functions, with clients, or our business partners, we get better with other points of view.We welcome ideas; weask,“how else” & “why not?”
- Be Fact Based & Metric Driven.We tackle problems (not people) and we do so in a data-focused way. Balanced with our other values, this makes for more accurate decisions which are still based in character.
We have several transactions expected to close in the second half of 2021 and first half of 2022.
Tampa, Florida US