Location: Mukilteo, WA, USA
Mission of the Role:
We are looking for a high-powered Accountant who will be a critical team member and early employee in our journey. This person will be directly involved in building a highly scalable, best-in-class finance organization as a key partner with the Sub-region Controller. He / she will help drive the ethos for how the financial and accounting operations and organization runs.
This person must have superior organization and communication skills, while maintaining strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. He / she will have extensive involvement in establishing accounting controls and policies to support the Region as it grows. This individual will be responsible for various daily accounting transactions related to the regional accounting functions, such as implementation of GAAP accounting policies, Regional level consolidations where applicable, accounts receivables, payroll, month end close. This individual will participate heavily in the robust month-end close process for the region, working closely with the Sub-Region Controller to ensure financial reporting integrity. The Accountant will also be highly involved in the year-end audit process by providing support as requested. This opportunity offers high visibility in a rapidly growing company and the successful candidate must show great initiative including the ability to work with limited supervision.
This role will report directly to the sub-region Controller and the Apex Service Partners team.
Working closely with the sub-region Controller the Accountant will play a key role in ensuring accurate and auditable financial statements. Job responsibilities include:
- Post cash activity weekly – working with sub-region Controller as needed to ensure transactions are coded correctly
- Monitor customer accounts receivable balances and collection efforts
- Prepare and post monthly entries as part of month end close.
- Master the use of FloQast - ensure an accurate and timely month-end and year-end close process, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and account analysis
- Assist with providing external auditors all requested materials, in conjunction with the Accounting Manager
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and implement streamlined procedures where possible
- Execute the individual and team goals that support strategic and operational initiatives
- Contribute to team culture
- 1-3 years of prior accounting experience (public accounting preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Ability to communicate accounting and financial information into common language
- CPA license a plus
- Experience with Sage Intacct and accounting ERP implementations a plus
- Extreme formatting, organization and priority setting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and teamwork
- Analytical – finds meaning and action in numbers, and is data-driven
- Excellent communicator – written and oral
- Stellar time management and organizational skills
- Resourceful – figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
- Thrives in a nimble, lean, unstructured, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Works collaboratively and energetically
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of others
- An undying commitment to personal growth and development
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Other Benefits: medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive PTO, sick days, and holidays, 401k matching
Mukilteo, Washington US