Talent Acquisition Manager
Location: Earth City, MO, USA
This is a spectacular opportunity to join a stable, recession-resistant PE backed company and partner with the senior leaders to help create and lead the organization’s people and talent function in many ways from the ground up.
The company, Apex Service Partners, is rapidly growing and needs an experienced TA professional who can bring proven, scalable processes, selection and sourcing ability, and a passion for creating enduring company cultures in an industry many overlook – the Skilled Trades. This Talent Acquisition professional will help create nearly all things brand new, including sourcing and interview processes, HR technology and an ATS, and implementing efficient reporting and measures. The right business partner will understand what a best-in-class, professional organization looks like and is interested in working in building that in a very hands-on but rewarding environment.
Apex Service Partners Overview
Apex Service Partners has been founded as a partnership of multiple leading businesses providing HVAC, plumbing and electrical services. While Apex’s “Partner Services” office was created just over three years ago, many of our companies have been successful for decades. This very fragmented industry is dominated by small and founder-owned businesses; our strategy is to execute significant organic growth initiatives and high-frequency partnerships – while building out best-in-class, professional departments like Talent Acquisition at the Partner Services level, where we serve all our companies. The right candidate will have the autonomy and impact of leading Talent Acquisition in their own business – but also have support and development from the Apex team.
The Midwest Regional Talent Acquisition Manager will be a critical player, participating in building a highly scalable, best-in-class recruiting organization as a key partner with the regional leaders. The right person will help drive our CEO’s vision to be a true employer of choice, and build that from very basic, disparate systems.
The TA Manager must have superior leadership skills, be competitive and passionate, be scrappy and hardworking, and enjoy making a difference and creating something that has not been done before, in professions that literally built our country and are, ironically, overlooked by many (until now!)
Key Job Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the CEOand working very closely with our regional senior leaders and VP of Talent Acquisition, the Regional TA Manager will impact:
- Sourcing: Develop and lead all Midwest sourcing for Technician, Customer Service, Sales and Operational Management hires
- Establish and upgrade recruiting and hiring practices
- Build a system capable of hiring hundreds, then thousands, annually
- Metrics: Create and competitively impact people and business numbers
- Create forecasts for all roles and business in partnership with market leaders
- Develop monthly and annual reporting and a recruiter scorecards
- Establish diversity recruiting program focused on outcomes
- Assist in building culture of performance accountability
- Technology: Help implement and optimize scalable Talent Technology
- Help implement and optimize our ATS and CRM
- Create attraction programs/campaigns that are industry relevant, and motivate technician engagement
- Leadership: Provide recruiting and People leadership and impact the business
- Develop outstanding relationships with key leaders
- Coach and develop a team of recruiters, sourcers and/or interns
- Teach, train and develop our people to have a culture of selecting industry leading people
A successful candidate will have the following criteria & competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years of prior high-volume recruiting experience; additional experience outside of HR is preferred
- Highly motivated, comfortable working independently
- Excellent skills developing and managing metrics,
- Strong ability to communicate and differentiate our employers from others
- Strong experience in building, then driving process
- Intensely hands on & scrappy, but able to see the strategic vision of quintupling our business and being best in the industry
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
The position will be based in one of the following locations with quarterly travel to other Midwest Regional markets to build relationships and attend hiring events.
Location: St. Louis, Chicago, Kansas City, Indianapolis
A competitive compensation package including performance-based bonus will be available to the selected candidate.
Please send your resume/CV to Casey Miller at (CMiller@ApexServicePartners.com).
Talent Acquisition Manager
Earth City, Missouri US