Regional Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Mission of the Role:
The Regional Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) will be a critical early employee, participating in building a highly scalable, best-in-class finance organization as a key partner with the Chief Financial Officer and Regional President. He / she will help drive the ethos for how the financial operations and organization runs.
The Regional Manager of FP&A must have superior organization and communication skills, while maintaining strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. This individual will perform financial analysis and reporting activities to support short-term and long-term strategic plans and operating budgets. He / she will help others understand our financials and be a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders. He / she must have strong financial, accounting, communication, analytical and management skills. He / she must be excited about getting in on the ground floor of building an industry leading business. He / she must show great initiative and the ability to work with limited supervision.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer and Regional President, and working closely with the regional operations leadership team, the Regional Manager of FP&A will play a key role in establishing and executing the finance and budgeting activities of the region.
Job responsibilities include:
· Drive an efficient and comprehensive annual budget planning and forecast process including timing, guidelines, financial analysis, consolidation, and communication
· Perform monthly and quarterly review of actual results to budget and prior year along with related variance analysis and re-forecasting
· Deliver high value-added financial analyses for internal stakeholders to drive strategic planning and decision-making
· Help design and prepare monthly consolidated financial reporting communications for distribution
· Build and maintain a direct link between FP&A, accounting, M&A and operations to facilitate accurate and timely reporting and financial planning
· Enhance profitability, cash flow and capex planning and analysis across the business
· Lead the analysis of major internal and external metrics that will be used as KPI benchmarks against which our operations are measured
· Conduct analyses and build presentations to support management dialogue and capital allocation decisions
· Lead a broad range of ad-hoc projects focused on driving growth across the business
· Assist with the integration of acquisitions into our financial processes and systems
· Contribute to team culture and effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field
· 5+ years of prior FP&A / finance experience preferred
· Experience with private equity, investment banking, and/or accounting transaction advisory a plus
· Track record of professionalizing and optimizing FP&A at a PE-backed or public company
· Excellent financial modelling skills
· Strong ability to communicate financial information into common language
Locations: [Tampa / Jacksonville, FL; Raleigh, NC; Dallas, TX; Phoenix, AZ, Washington, D.C.]
Other Benefits: medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive PTO, sick days, and holidays, 401k matching
· Analytical – finds meaning and action in numbers, and is a data-driven decision-maker
· Excellent communicator – written and oral
· Resourceful – figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
· Excellent leadership skills – proven ability to train, motivate, and lead through transitions
· Thrives in a nimble, lean, unstructured, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
· Works collaboratively and energetically
· Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
· Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of others
· An undying commitment to personal growth and development
· Able to operate effectively even when information may be incomplete or limited
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Stellar organization and priority setting skills
· Strong project management experience and demonstrated ability to lead / drive processes
· Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and teamwork
· Positive attitude, team player
· Highly motivated, comfortable working independently
· High energy, ownership of work product and dedication to driving results
Apex Service Partners (“Apex” or the “Company”) is a group of leading residential services businesses that conducts HVAC, plumbing and electrical work for homeowners. In this fragmented industry dominated by small and founder-owned businesses, the Company strategy is to execute significant organic growth initiatives and high-frequency M&A. Apex is a PE-backed consolidator in residential services founded three years ago that has grown into a differentiated industry leader with leading KPIs such as employee NPS, close rate, average ticket, same-store growth, and EBITDA margins. A focus on high-quality businesses and geographic diversity has led it to grow from 3 locations in Florida to +60 locations across twenty-five states across the country with +4,000 team members. Apex has an industry leading acquisition playbook.
The Company is unique in that it has a dual strategy of growing via acquisitions and aggressive organic growth initiatives, including green-fielding new trades and locations. From the onset, the Company’s leaders have focused on building out robust corporate infrastructure to ensure scalability. The team at “Partner Services”, the centralized support team for our regional operating partners, comprises 35 hard-working, collegial team members who have implemented enterprise software systems across FP&A, IT, human resources, treasury, accounts payable, accounting, and business intelligence. Apex’s differentiation has made it a buyer of choice for business owners looking for a range of different outcomes. Business owners almost always choose Apex over their alternatives (of those who ultimately take on a partner or sell their business), despite the Company’s price discipline.
"private equity" "PE" "PE backed" "finance" "banking" "FP&A" "accounting" "financial planning" "CFP" "Tampa" "Jacksonville" "Florida" "Dallas" "Texas" "Phoenix" "Arizona" "DC" "Washington DC" "district of Colombia" "Raleigh" "North Carolina"
Regional Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
Raleigh, North Carolina US