Human Resources Generalist
Location: Earth City, MO, USA
The HR Generalist is responsible for payroll processing as well as other HR functions including hiring and onboarding, termination and offboarding, benefit administration, employee relations, safety and compliance, and workers compensation administration. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Director.
- Processes weekly payroll for specified Southern Air locations, including commissions.
- Responsible for appropriate payroll reporting in assistance with Finance and Operations departments.
- Coordinates with Finance department to ensure accuracy of payroll mapping for GL purposes.
- Coordinates with location managers to process new hires, terminations, and employee changes such as pay increases and changes to job titles/duties/responsibilities.
- Assists HR Director with implementation of new hire, on-boarding, and termination procedures and processes.
- Assists with new-hire orientations for purposes of on-boarding and system implementation.
- Assists with off-boarding, including reporting to appropriate agencies, ensuring appropriate final pay procedures, and assisting with unemployment claims.
- Assists HR Director with implementation of changes to job structure and pay scales.
- Assists HR Director with data reporting for annual Workers Compensation and EEO audit.
- Responsible for maintenance and reporting of job information, including title, reporting structure, FLSA status, Workers Compensation codes, etc. for purposes of ensuring data accuracy.
- Administrates benefits, including employee-facing communication, liaising with benefits brokers and providers, and processing enrollments in a timely manner.
- Processes workers compensation claims, works with insurance carrier on return-to-work strategy, and liaises with location to ensure protocol and restrictions are followed.
- Coordinates safety, compliance, and training activities with specified Southern Air locations, including tracking monthly safety training.
- Knowledge of general payroll practices/procedures
- Knowledge of employment law.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or business-related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
- Two years’ experience in HR, payroll, and/or employee maintenance and relations.
- Graduate degree in human resources or business-related field of study.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
- Experience with ADP for payroll processing, benefits administration, reporting or similar HRIS.
- Range: $45,000 -- $60,000
- Commensurate with experience
- Salary reviewed annually
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance coverage
- Access to 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Holidays
- PTO on accrual basis
- Continued Training & Development within HR field
- Opportunity for continued growth and career advancement
Human Resources Generalist
Earth City, Missouri US