HR & Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: Farmingdale, New York, United States
Can you have
high growth? Can you enjoy being in a
small business environment, while also benefitting from being backed by a huge network of companies and professionals with decades of success? Can you be in a
recession-resistant, truly essential business and use your background and skills to help transform a company?
Yes, you can.
To meet the needs of their growing business, Apple Air Heating, Cooling, Electric, & Plumbing is seeking a HR/TA Specialist. This person will be an integral member of the team whose work will have an immediate, visible impact across the entire organization.
Apple Air is part of Apex Atlantic Trade Partners, one of the regions under the Apex Service Partners umbrella. Apex Service Partners has built theleading national platform in the trades industryto provide world-class residential service. Apple Air and Apex Atlantic Trade Partners are in the people business, with our customers and employees always at front of mind.
The HR/TA Specialist is responsible for various Human Resources and recruiting functions. They will own the recruiting pipeline, driving hiring results and developing the local leaders' ability to select/retain great talent. He/She will continue to manage the full employee life cycle including onboarding, benefits, training, risk & safety, rewards and recognition programs, performance management, employee engagement and compliance. The department will be guided by SMART goals, seeking continuous improvement in core people and talent metrics.
What's in it For Me?
- Compensation: $60k-$70k plus $2.5K Sign On Bonus
- Robust PTO Plan
- Health, Vision and Dental plans for you and your family to choose from
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match up to 4%
- Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative, and fun environment
- Coached and supported career growth
- Screen resumes for essential functions/duties, work history, training, technical skills and salary requirements
- Verbally qualify candidates for availability, interest level, salary, relocation needs and basic qualifications to present to hiring managers
- Proactively source/identify viable candidates utilizing proprietary databases, job boards and/or search engines (Indeed, ZipRecruiter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Utilize applicant tracking system to track interactions through the recruiting process
- Schedule interviews of viable candidates with the hiring managers
- Build and Maintain pipelines of qualified candidates to deliver against immediate priorities, future needs, and business critical positions
HR Process & Administration
- Educate and communicate company personnel policies and procedures to newly hired and current employees.
- Responsible for onboarding newly hired employees to include: employee handbook overview, employment documents, and benefit enrollment.
- Create and maintain complete and confidential files on each employee. Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications.
- Prepare employees’ compensation by the end of each month using payroll software
- Assist with company benefit administration to include enrollment forms, plan questions, claims resolution, and open enrollment.
- Assist in managing workers’ compensation injury claims. File reports with insurance provider, maintain accident information and monitor progress.
- Respond to various information requests from governmental agencies, such as Unemployment, in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Previous Human Resources or Office Management experience preferred, 2-3 years
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information.
- Highly motivated, comfortable working independently
- Strong ability to communicate HR processes into simplified solutions for non-HR managers
- 1-3 years supporting a recruiting function
- Solid skills and experience in sourcing/identifying relevant candidates for jobs, facilitating the candidate screening/interviewing/selection process required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and teamwork
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to operate effectively even when information may be incomplete or limited
HR & Talent Acquisition Specialist
Farmingdale, New York US