Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
The Junior Human Resource Generalist aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This role assists in administering policies and procedures, employee health and welfare plans, and addresses employee relations. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, HRIS management, and internal employee communications.
- Provides high-quality advice and service to Senior HR Generalist and management on daily employee relations and performance management issues. Makes recommendations regarding employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participates in and conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff and assists and advises company managers about HR-related issues.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and according to laws and regulations.
- Maintains all employee files to ensure all compliance standards are met.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Directs onboarding of new employees and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits, or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with the processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and tracks status of candidates in HRIS and finalizes the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the General Manager and HR Director.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Participates in training initiatives with peer and departmental training, as needed
- Responds to unemployment compensation claims
- Manages all steps of the applicant tracking process from creation of requisitions to req management to closing and dispositioning of all candidates and hiring
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and conflict management skills
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least one year of related experience is required.
- SHRM-CP credential preferred but not required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Standard works hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. On average, the Junior Human Resource Generalist can expect to work 40 - 45 hours per week, with additional/varied hours based on the company’s needs.
Travel: Quarterly overnight and local travel are expected for this position. All expenses during work-related travel will be absorbed by Best Home Services, in accordance with existing travel/expense policies.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reports to Senior HR Generalist and Director of HR
Orlando, Florida US